Immigration Law in Italy – Visas and Permits

An individual?
Italy is a “dream country” for many. If you contemplate moving to Italy, our law firm is uniquely prepared to approach all your immigration-related questions with efficiency and great commitment.

A business entity?
Our Italian and foreign-qualified lawyers have also built significant experience in assisting Italian and foreign-based businesses by addressing their human resources needs.

Due to a multi-level regulatory system (Italian, European and International) that is applicable to persons not holding an Italian passport, visa and immigration-related issues are rather complex. However, your nationality is not the only factor that comes into play when determining the type of visa/permit that best matches your needs. Each case is unique with specific conditions and documentation requirements.

To begin your journey to Italy, we must determine the best possible solution. We base our immigration legal advice on your personal and professional status, as well as on your medium and long-term goals for life and career, or even retirement, in Italy.

Italian immigration law provides several potential visa options, however, not all them apply to a given applicant. The most commonly used visas/permits are the following:

  • Elective Residency Visa
  • Student VISA (for a stay longer than 3 months)
  • Asylum Visa
  • Exclusive Custody Permit
  • Family Reunification Visa
  • Self-employment Work Permit
  • Employee Work Permit
  • Religious Visa
  • Visa for Scientific Research and
  • Visa for Stateless Persons

Our working languages in the area of Immigration Law are: Italian, English, German, Russian, Spanish and Greek.

Buzz topic: Elective Residency in Italy

This type of visa allows persons that generate income generated in their country of residence to relocate to Italy. This is usually the case with persons that have decided to retire.

Under Italian Law (Decreto Legislativo n° 286/1998) a non-European citizen (i.e., the visa applicant) is requested to provide evidence that he/she relies on an income that allows him to reside in Italy without working (the amount of this income is determined by the Italian Consulate located in the State where the applicant originally comes from). This varies greatly from State to State.

These funds must not be generated through employment. Pension is a good example of the type of funds that would make an individual eligible for an elective residency visa. Other types of income include income generated through lease agreements and dividends (unless the applicant is employed by the company or holds the office of CEO/Manager Director).

The steps that we must take in order to obtain an Elective Residency visa in Italy are the following:

  1. File a form to the Italian Consulate of the State of origin and all necessary accompanying documentation such as a copy of the applicant’s passport, a document providing evidence that the applicant generates the income required to live in Italy and a document providing proof that the applicant has secured accommodation in Italy (i.e., a real-estate purchase contract or a lease).
  2. If the submitted documents comply with requirements set by the applicable regulations, the Italian Consulate will provide the applicant with an “entry visa” that allows him to enter Italy and apply for the Elective Residency visa.
  3. The application for the Elective Residency Visa must be filed within 90 days from the issuance of the entry visa. This application is submitted to a Police Department called “Questura” (the competent Questura is located at the Italian city where the applicant has decided to take up the Elective Residency).

The contents of this page should not be taken as an authoritative statement of Italian law and practice. Neither the author nor the publisher are responsible for the results of actions taken on the basis of information contained in this summary, nor for any errors or omissions. This text is not intended to render legal, accounting or tax advice. Readers are encouraged to seek professional advice concerning specific matters before making any decision.


  1. Kaya says:

    What happens if I applied for changing student to self employee permesso, but I left Italy and come back to my country because of some private reasons, and I don’t want anymore to go back to Italy. Is it possible to stop process of getting permesso?

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      you can renounce to an application for obtaining a VISA; important is to follow all the legal steps for communicating the renounce

  2. mehrgol says:

    Dear sir/madam
    I am currently holding an expired PdS for studying reasons and waiting for my new card to be issued (therefore I have a receipt of my appointment). I am an Iranian-Canadian with both valid passports. I have to travel to Iran due to travel reasons. previously I was able to return to Italy with an expired permesso and the ricevuta. Recently I have heard that this is not allowed anymore (since the start of September) and it is required to have a valid Permesso. I am wondering if this information is correct. If it is correct, I would like to know if it is possible to enter italy with my Canadian Passport as I do not need a visa with that passport. I have a connecting flight that stops outside of EU.

    Thank you very much in advance and I hope you can provide me with help.
    kind regards

  3. Arijit deb says:


    Currently I am in possession of Lavoro Subordinato permesso di soggiorno. If my spouse wants to join me in Italy and work here, does she has to apply for a separate work permit (nulla osta) or family reunification visa is enough for her to apply for job in Italy?

  4. kate says:

    Hi. Great article. I hold a Permesso di Soggiorno (Motivi Familiari). May I know if it’s possible to renew my PdS if I do not have a CUD? My husband is an Italian citizen but our main source of income is in the United States not in Italy.
    Is there a chance that my PdS will not be approved and I will be asked to leave the country?
    Any advice can greatly help. Thank you!

  5. the bill, businesses with fewer than 500 employees are required to provide employees with two weeks of sick leave paid at their the regular pay rate or at no less than two-thirds the regular rate depending on whether the employee needs to take care of their own health or a family member’s.

  6. Ati Louis says:

    Ciao. Is it possible for me to get a work permit with a tourism visa in Italy? Or rather can I apply for a work permit days before my tourism visa expires?

  7. It is great blog post about immigration law in Italy. I Like these information. Thanks for sharing these information with us.

  8. Hi and good afternoon. Please I want to know more about the documents the Italy want to offer to immigrati also how do I go about it. I do farme work last two years the contract papa and the paga is still with me. Please can you tell me more about it

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Ciao Samuel,
      in a few days we will publish an article about the new regulations for immigrates issued in the last weeks. Best

      • Kaiser says:

        Can I be given an electronic card permisso if I go to renew my medical permisso?

        • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

          please specify your question.

          • Gladilyn Manalang says:

            Good day to all, I wanna ask some questions I hope you will respond to me before I do some action, I’m currently living in Malta working permit holder for four years, but I would like to move in Italy but I dont know how and what step I should take, I don’t have any idea how to start the process, please let me know and help me. Thanks in advance for the kindness reply.

          • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

            Dear Gladilyn
            many thanks for your email.
            In order to obtain a VISA to work in Italy you need first to find an Italian employer; if the Maltese Company you work for has a branch in Italy, it can apply for your relocation. By the way, to be more precise please write us at to give us more details.

          • Denis says:

            Nice work can I apply for the document of 6 mouth look for job permits in Italy with at no boss and with at no working contract

          • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

            If you do not have an employer or a job you can not apply for work VISA

      • Shahzad says:

        Hello sir i am from pakistan and i need Italy work permit can you tell me how can i apply or get the permit thanks.

        • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

          in order to apply for a work VISA you need first to find an Italian empolyer.
          Good luck

  9. Adeeb Gulraiz says:

    I am a professional driver and I have a 10 years experience in driving. Currently I am driving metro bus in rawalpindi/Islamabad. I need to know that can I get a job in Italy to my related experience. Thanks.

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Dear Adeeb,
      if you want to obtain a work VISA to enter to Italy, you need first find someone that want to empolyee you. Best

    • Sabika ishtiaq says:

      Hi I am UAE born female. I have been working in education field for last 11 years. I am MBA qualified person. I Would like to know more about the residency and job apportunity in the same field .

    • Nikhil says:

      I had a work visa( Lavoro subordinato – blue card) valid from may 2019 to April 2020.
      I entered in Italy on January but my employer didn’t applied for residence permit. I was stuck in Italy during Corona pandemic and I’m back to home country last week.
      Now, my visa is expired in April, but I never had a residence permit.

      How can I renew my work visa?
      Is it possible for me to apply for residence permit again? Any chance to get benefit from the new law ?

      Please help me regarding this.

  10. Waseemjatt says:

    Hello I m from jamu Kashmir i need your help i back to itly please help me

  11. Mubashir Ali says:

    Hello sir I am in South Africa I want to come Italy so how to I can come

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Ciao Mubashir,
      if you want to relocate to Italy you would need to obtain a valid VISA which can be work VISA, family reunification VISA and others. Please write us at and gice us more details.

  12. Humayoun aziz qureshi says:

    Hi sir
    My name is humayoun aziz qureshi. I need your help. I apply last year open asylam in itlay Napoli and I got 6 month permiso segorno. And that segorno was finesh in January 2020 I was there in Napoli and he give me the paper to clear my finger from Germany and I return back in Germany then becouse of corona viruse I never travel back to italy. What can I do now I live in Germany

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Ciao Humayoun,
      your case is quite singular so in order to give you our opinion you should please write us more details via email at

      • Mahfooz Ahmad says:

        Hi, hope you ll be doing well, my name is Mahfooz, and i am living in sweden on valid study visa doing my masters in sweden. I want to avail the new immigration law of italy , i want to apply residence permit there, how can you help me in this regard ?

        • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

          Ciao Mahfooz,
          thanks for your message.
          In order to relocate to Italy you will need to obtain a valid VISA which can be study VISA, work permit, family reunification or others. Please write us at in order to give us more details about your status.

    • Junaid says:

      ciao, ho un asilo permesso di soggiorno. posso cambiare questo soggiorno in soggiorno per immigrazione.

      • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

        Ciao Junaid,
        grazie per il commento.
        Per rispondere alla tua domanda avremmo bisogno di più informazioni.
        Puoi scriverci una email a

        • ranvir Singh says:

          Please help ltlay not eajnnt is online visa work parmant

        • Dr KAH MIRZA says:

          Dear Sir/ Madam
          I wonder whether you could provide some advice regarding our predicament . My daughter has been doing a 6 year degree course in Rome since 2017. She is a UK citizen and she , along with my wife , who is also a British Citizen has been residing in Rome since 2017 . As part of the Brexit Withdrawal agreement , we were advised to get Residence permit for staying in Italy from January 2021. We are unable to clear advice regarding where we should submit our applications . We have gone to the post office , who sent us away and we are not sure how to get help Reg the process . Please advise us regarding the process and whether we shall able to get the residence permit before the deadline of 31st December . Kind regards

          • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

            Dear Kah
            thanks for your comment.
            In order to apply for the residency permit you need to follow precise steps, as
            – File a specific form which requires some documents (such as, among others, a valid rental lease, an evidence of the source of your income, and others)
            – Submitting the application to the competent office of the Municipality where you reside here in Italy
            Please be aware of the fact that moving your residency involves many aspects (including your personal taxation). Please write in prvate to in case you want a personal evaluation of your position.

    • Muhammad numan says:

      Hy sir my name is numan. My brother was living in Italy.he apply for asylum He got 6 mont paper. I dont know the name of paper.bit its alow him to visit his country. He is now in Pakistan. So is it true that itlay has open his immigration.if yes then what should he has to do in this covid 19 time

      • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

        Hi Muhammad,
        as far as we know there has not been any particular Immigration Law related to covid situation. So in order to apply for an entry VISA you would need to apply for a regular VISA.

  13. Saiful Rafique says:

    this is saiful rafique
    I have permesso di soggiorno valid till 5 june 2020.For coronavirus and global pandemic I didn’t find any flight to italy.Now I find a qater airways flight on 1 june 2020 from bangladesh.For this situation can I face any problem on airport immigration desk?

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Dear Saiful,
      at this moment it is difficult to say whether you can have problems in entering in Italy. Let’s say that if you have a valid permit to stay you should not face any problems (except the 14days quaratine) but this is just a prediction.

    • I am a Pakistani lawer,I want to visit the court system of itly,send me invitation letter for visit to itly for visa purpose.

  14. Hadi says:

    Hi.. Sir can you tell me when italy home office working start.. please share any information…

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Ciao Hadi,
      it depends on what offices you are meanining… a lot of offices are now working on “smart working” so they are anyway accessible.

  15. elina saif says:

    this is elina saif
    thanks for sharing above information with us. it is very useful information for us

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Thank you very much

      • Dear sirs,

        I have a permesso soggiorno illimitata..lungo long can I stay in India without any problem in returning?

        I am trying to sell my house in India and its taking a long time..more than three it a problem to go back now after a lock down etcay take longer.

        I also want to apply for a citizenship can I apply from India to a consulate?

        I have a pension in Italy from my late husband being deposited in Banco de Napoli..they won’t tell me if there is a problem with my pension arriving..they are it required to verify my physical presence every year to get the pension regularly? Can I do it from India?

      • Balram says:

        Hey sir.
        I’m from india and currently doing graduation in computers.
        When and how can i apply for italy visa for further study visa or work permit…?
        Or which visa is good for settle in italy..?

        • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

          Ciao Balram,
          the place where applying for a VISA is the Italian Consulate of your place of residency. In order to know what VISA suits you better, it depends on the scope of your relocation to Italy. Please write is at and give us more details.

  16. that is applicable to persons not holding an Italian passport, visa and immigration-related issues are rather complex. However, your nationality is not the only factor that comes into play when determining the type of visa/permit that best matches your needs. Each case is unique with specific conditions and documentation requirements.

    • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

      Dear Pat,
      many thanks for your comment.
      Obviously each VISA case needs a specific evaluation given that there are many issues involve (taxation, residency, income, marriage, etc.). The article is just the example of some cases. In our website we specify that the wording must not be considered as a specific legal advice and we encourage our readers to contact directly us (or other professionals) before making any step.

  17. RAM KUMAR says:


    • Michele Ambrogio says:

      Dear Ram,
      many thanks for your post.
      Our Immigration Italian Attorney will reply to you soon.

    • Hello Ram Kumar,

      Have you received a reply?
      Please let me know if your wife and child can return to Italy without any problem?
      I am also staying in India for three years now with an open permit.

      I am worried if I can return without any problem..thanks.

      With regards,
      Ambujakshi Nagarakatti

  18. Naredla Suchendran says:

    Hi looking for molise Immigration

    • Manvendra says:

      Hello ,
      Myself manvendra Singh Shekhawat living on seasonal work permit in italy (9 month visa ).I want to take permesso subordinato so will I have to apply to open immigration or some other paper will open soon that open regularly year by year

  19. Suresh c Damodaran says:

    Dear Sir

    Heard news on migartion to molise. i am an indian and intrested for the same. Please provide the details

  20. Reza says:

    I’m Reza from Iran. From Italian embassy I got a tourist schengen visa in a valid passport and landed in Rome (after stop in Katar) some days ago. I was refused by police to abandon Rome transit zone. They sent me back to Doha. I don*t understand why this happened. NOW I*m in the transit zone of Doha.
    I would still like to go to Europe for tourism. Would it be possible to go to Germany instead with my Schengen visa? Thankful for soon reply!

    • Reen says:

      Schengen visa is for all European countries…unless yours has expired or you did something then you cannot move,but if it’s Schengen student visa then you need to consult visa agencies

      • Rishi Garg says:

        Sir I want Work permit visa for italy..
        Can you please tell me the visa process ??

        • Italy Law Firms Staff says:

          Dear Rishi, in order to obtain a work Visa you do need to find an employer that applies for your position.

  21. Jailall Mangra says:

    Dear Sir/Madam,
    My name is Jailall Mangra born 28 Nov 1962 fron St Kitts Nevis ,I am the holder of a St Kitts Nevis passport, I am interested in migrating and moving my business to Italy with my family, I saw on the internet that the government of italy is inviting foreign nationals to migrate to italy, I am interested if its true

  22. ANIL KUMAR PV says:

    Iam a graphic 15 years experience in advertising technology.designer for advertisement,sign industry, idea was interactive media design, sign making,Operating to all types of lazer cutter, router.vinyl printer & plotter also.
    We are family start with new company in Molisa. Me and my wife Ginuanil,my children’s baby girl.5 years/Ashylin,baby boy . Austin Lopez 3yers
    We are looking for visa .
    Padiyath house
    Thammanam p.o
    Plarivatim /Cochin
    Contact: 9744330114/9747195995
    Email 2:

  23. Ajith m sabu says:

    Hi sir
    Iam an Indian citizen would like to migrate to Italy in molisa.i heard that we get business opportunity there to start a new life. Is it true? Can u give any reply to me. It will be a great honour to get a reply from your side.
    Ajith m sabu

    • Michele Ambrogio says:

      Dear Ajith,
      we have heard about this possibility and we are checking it out.
      We will update you soon
      ItalyLawFirms Staff

  24. Saqib says:

    I am a Canadian Citizen but my wife is still from Pakistan. We planned to visit Italy in October but the Italian Embassy in Pakistan had refused her visa. We would like to appeal this decision.

    Can you help us out?


  25. Hulya says:

    Hi, I am livin in London and married who is Italian. I applied my Italian citizenship back in 1.04.2017. I have got an email from London Italy Consulate refused my application. The reason was I am Turkish got my criminal records document from Turkey also translated and they said these documents are not appostil/legalized. I did all my documents correctly and uploaded on the website with everything. I dont know how they decide it? In the mean time my husband said when he was uploading all documents there was error on the website. What should I do now? How will i have to deal it? I got everything but after 2 years disappointed with refusal an email.
    Thanks for your help

  26. Samar Montaser says:

    عشت في ايطاليا مع ابني لمده 6 سنوات وحدنا وكان معانا الاقامه لان ابني كان بيدرس في ايطاليا وبعد ذلك حدثت بعض الأمور الصعبه مما ادي الي رجعونا لمصر ومش عارفه اقدر ارجع تاني اذاي

  27. Edward says:

    Hello, my mum(Ghanaian) has been living in Germany of my Dad who is an Italian for the past 12 years but has not been working. They recently got divorced right when she was to apply for he passport. Can she proceed without him. If not, what can she do?

  28. CJ says:

    Hello, if an American who was working in Italy but has gone past their legal stay period because a contract was extended and forgot to renew their work visa. How are does it work for them to be able to leave the country to get back home?

  29. Haitham says:

    Hello, I would like to contact with a lawyer to ask him about immigration and residence in in Italy

  30. Heyhat says:

    Hello sir
    I’m Heyhat Asyle from italy Im with my parents we are 6 person
    3 Sister and i” we are 10 month in italy and we take a #PermessoDiSoggiorno 5 year with passport/ my questions is:-
    We wanna going to #UK (England)for work! For this “How we can going there and. You thing we will need a visa or not because the lawyer said You didn’t need visa 5 P years .. I just wanna know please help us.,,,?!

  31. Maira Alejandra says:

    Prima di tutto, un caro saluto.
    Sono Maira Alejandra Pacheco , una donna venezuelana, fidanzata da tre anni con un cittadino italiano; siamo attualmente in Peru, ma noi viaggiamo per l’Italia a luglio do quest’anno e ci sposeremo in italia e staremo definitivi in quel paese.
    Devo sapere se posso fare un documento che mi permetta di entrare nel paese con un biglietto aereo di sola andata. Grazie.

  32. Mr.Zoraiz says:

    Hello Sir Its Zoraiz here from Pakistan . I need to ask some questions regarding Italy immigration . I need to ask that if I hold a Italy work permit or Eu blue card of Italy how much time it would required for me and my family to get citizenship of Italy or Italian passport . I further want to ask is they’re any other way through investment or any other legal ways despite of Parents form Italy or stuff like this . I hope that I am able to clear out my self to you . Sir I am waiting for you answer as I found that you are capable of answering my question because I am interesting in getting Italian passport

    Thank you

  33. Duane says:

    Hello my name is Duane I am a US citizen .My wife has the privilege to teach at New York university next school year. So she has a work visa for two years. My question is since we are married is there a way for me to get a visa Also? What I have been seeing is three months at a time.

  34. Alicia says:

    Hello, I am self supporting freelancer USA , who would like to stay a year in Italy( Rome ) .
    I have accommodations secured and can support myself since I am a remote contractor- I don’t need an office just my pc and internet.
    What type of visa can I apply for. Who should I call/email?

  35. Saeid Setayesh says:

    Dear Sir,
    I am Saeid Setayesh From Tehran, Iran.
    I wanted to ask about how to appeal against an unfair visa denial
    Can you help me for that?

    Saeid Setayesh

  36. dora says:

    HI, I will appreciate your help. My passport was stolen, now I have a extraordinary passport for 6 months. I have entered to Italy on August 8th, 2018, but my return flight is on november 18th. 12 days after the 90days visa or schengen countries expiers. I do not want to to broke the law and have problems, but the flight ticket cannot be changed or modify. I would loose it and would have to buy another one. Is it possible to pay for a 15 days visa or a penalty to stay in Italy 12 more days.
    Besides i want to return and try to stablish here in Italy, I think I could apply for Elective REscidence since I have some investements in Mexico. Could you please help me?

    great tahnks

  37. Faseeh says:

    I have been living in Italy for about 16 years and me and my family have Carta di Soggiorno which is permanent. But now the old A4 paper Carta di soggiorno is replaced by a computerized card. So what’s the procedure to replace my old carta di soggiorno with the new one ?

    What documents I need for this and where do I have to go ?

    Please help me in this case.


  38. Tomi says:


    I am non-EU citizen working in Germany for 2 years and holding Blue Card for 2 years as well.

    Because of personal reasons, my current company allows me to relocate and work remotely from Italy.

    Which visa option is appropriate for my situation?

    Thank you in advance.
    Best regards,

  39. Ted C says:

    I’m an independent journalist, self-supporting (U.S. sources), and I want to spend one year (at least) in Palermo, Sicily to do research for a book. None of the long-stay visa types seem to clearly apply. A phone consultation might resolve my questions.

  40. Sadaf says:

    Im 18 years old and im single
    I want to study medical in italy
    I want to go there with my mother
    What should i do ?

  41. Laura Francioni says:

    Hola, queria saber si los ciudadanos de San Marino pueden trabajar libremente en Italia o igualmente necesitan visa de trabajo.

  42. Venus says:

    Hola, buen día. Quería preguntarles algo: Soy Gay y tengo doble nacionalidad.La primera de Ecuador y la segunda de italia obviamente. Y me quisiera casar con mi pareja. Ella es de colombia. Ella podría obtener un permiso de residencia por casarse conmigo? Es decir podria traerla para que viva conmigo? Donde tendríamos que casarnos, en su pais (Colombia) o en Ecuador donde nací? O donde estoy viviendo actualment que es en Escocia, recién llevo dos meses aqui. Asi que no se si para casarse aqui tendría que sacar el permiso temporal o permanente de residencia. En fin en donde sería mas practico casarme para que ella pueda estar conmigo?

  43. Dear Sir, thank you for the phone call today , i am Dr askary from Egypt , we are a family of five ( three young kids) we are interested to have a permanent residence in Europe in the European union probable based in Italy , we are not interested to stay in Italy but to have the residency for travel purposes and ability to move without a visa

  44. mehdi soleymani says:

    Hi. I’m
    1) 36 years old. 2) married 3) industrial management (master) 4) 8 years experience in commercial department 5) 4 years manager job .
    I want to formation a company, start business, get residence permit. Please give me some information about procedure, duration, full fees, terms of payment. ,

  45. Jahanara Faheem says:

    Hi, i would like to discuss my student visa. How could i book an appotment?

  46. AFTAB AHMAD says:

    Hello I’m Aftab and I’m a Pakistani National from Italy, I have political Asylum (Asilo Politico) in italy with 5 years of Resident Permit. I’m planing to travel Malaysia, Thailand etc. Can i use my pakistani passport for travling?.. i don’t wana take Refugee Documents.

  47. Estimados, me encuentro en Italia por estudios, tengo visa por 6 meses y me acompaña mi esposa e hijo de 5 años, quienes entraron sin visa. Hay alguna forma de que ellos se queden por los 6 meses en Italia. Se puede pedir algo similar a una reunificacion familiar en estos casos?

  48. Mahia says:

    Vivo en Estados Unidos estoy en proceso de obtener mi residencia me pueden dar una visa para ir a Italia.

  49. Jugraj singh says:

    . I am jugraj singh from India and I have refusal stamp of student visa of latvia on my passport. Now i want to apply for work visa in italy.
    Can i apply the work visa of italy on same passport?? Because latvia and Italy are both schengen countries
    Is Italian embassy have any objection to give me work visa regarding my refusal stamp on passport..?? Or there is no role of refusal stamp for Italian embassy??
    Should i change copy of passport or apply on same..??
    Kindly reply me as soon as possible. Thanks a lot

    • nancy says:

      Hey, You can apply, Italy dnt have any problem with refusal

    • rohidh says:

      i am Rohidh from India i wish to take work permit in Italy and wish to work in Italy. How can i apply for the work permit visa.
      Kindly reply me as soon as possible .Thanks a lot

  50. mk says:

    انا موجود الان بفيزا سياحه واريد ايجاد عقد عمل لعمل اقامة باسرع وقت او اى طريقة اخرى المهم هو الحصول على اقامه والبقاء هنا
    I am currently in with a tourist visa and want to find a work contract for the establishment work as soon as possible or any other important way is to get it and stay here

  51. Wing Lee says:

    Dear Sir

    I am holding a British passport and will travel to Italy 2 weeks later, do i need a blank page at passport to entering Italy ?

    Best Regards

  52. Kholoud Elderwy says:


    I have a couple of immigration questions that would appreciate your knowledge on.

    A sixteen year old Egyptian girl is looking to move to Italy for high-school education. When can she apply for residency and on average, how long would the process take?

    Would the process be faster or slower if the parents were to move with her?


  53. Jenny says:


    I am Filipina. I am currently in Italy holding a tourist visa for 90 days. I would like to please extend my visa if is feasible.
    What shall we do?
    What type of visa or what we can do for me to stay here more?
    My fiancee is Italian citizen and we’re living together.

    Thank you so much in advance and I hope you can help me.

    Best regards,

  54. Sandra nsiah says:

    please how long does it take questura to issue 5years carta di soggiorno familiare ue after applying? Thanks.

    • Michele Ambrogio says:

      Ciao Sandra,
      it depends from many factors.
      please send us an email with more details and we will be able to give you a more accurate response.

  55. Esse says:

    Hi, I would like the email address of someone I can talk to, please I have a few questions about this, so if you can help I will be grateful.

  56. Nasir Ahmed shah says:

    Good Evening Respected sir I hope you will be fine sir I need some information Regarding work visa for Italy How I Apply visa I am Pakistani National but Working in UAE Abu Dhabi long time please Explain me that if Possible

    Nasir shah
    TRS Senior Technician
    Plot No 17 Sector M 21 in Mussafah 1
    PO Box 42150
    United Arab Emirates
    Direct Dial: +971 (0) 2 5511141
    Mobile: +971503521973 (UAE)

    • Michele Ambrogio says:

      Dear Nasir,

      many thanks for your request.

      There are a lot of VISA permits (self-employment, family reunification, elective residency, etc.); in order to find the solution that suits you better you should please send an email to providing us with more details about your situation.


  57. Roberto Canto says:

    Yes i would like to move to italy to study medicine. I am an american and not rich enough to afford million dollar american college. Will italy be ok with this? I like juventus can speak italian and am well behaved.

    • Michele Ambrogio says:

      Dear Roberto, you would be absolutely able to attend Italian University (which is not as expensive as the American ones.. the problem is what kind of VISA you could obtain.
      Please write us to give us more details.

  58. Sanjay Jain says:

    Dear Sir/ Madam,

    We M/s Saleena International Working as tour operator Based in India

    we need your help for our clients who wants to visit Germany,

    please send us the detail information along with your fee charges

    Looking forward to here from you soon.

    with kind regards


  59. Inderjit singh says:

    my wife have a unlimited sugorno. we married in 2014. i just want to know that what kind of documents my wife supposed to have to get me family reunion visa.
    Inderjit Singh.

  60. Buick tavakoli rad says:

    kind att,
    I am planning to Register srl company in Italy and work as a selfemployed in the field of pet and agricultural items to export from Italy,I will highly appreciate to find out what kind of assistance you may give and from where should I start?meanwhile, I was born in 1950 and very professional in export sectors,
    warm regards

    • Michele Ambrogio says:

      Dear Buick,
      we can assist you both in establishing the SRL and in bookkeeping
      Please write us in private

  61. Bi says:


    I am a Lebanese citizen holder of an international business degree. I know i need €350,000 to buy a house and get a residence permit and €500,000 to get a start up employment visa. If I have a tourist visa and wants to open a small restaurant in Rome for €15,000, is it possible to legalise my situation and work in Italy me and my wife with the help of a lwayer? If, yes what is the cost and how much time does it need to get it?


    • Michele Ambrogio says:

      Dear Bi,
      yes you can legalize your position but you would need anyway to back to your country of residency to apply for a self employment permit at the competent Consulate.
      Please write us at info@italylawfirms for more details.

  62. myeek says:

    if i am already in italy ….is it possible to get a religious visa order to remain here

  63. Hossein Teimoory says:

    My family(wife and a kid) and I are from Iran. I’m an Erasmus Mundus Master student in Tropical Biodiversity and Ecosystems,TROPIMUNDO, at UNIFI (2018-2019).I will arrive in Florence in September 2018.How can my family get visa ,up to 90 days or more than 90 days, and live with me in Florence?

  64. Salman says:

    Good afternoon

    I applied student visa for master programme in Italy but i have been refused and reason is ” you did not prove to process the financial means as of under interior ministry directive 2000″.
    I think it’s unfair because I have provided sufficient proofs of funds. I would like to go for appeal through your law firm. I am sending refusal letter as an attachment. Please let me know the process and your other class fellow got refusal with same reason . They also need your services.

    Kinda regards


  65. carol says:

    hola soy de peru y quisiera ir a vivir a italia con mi hijo de 3 años y mi esposo estando alla que papeles tengo que hacer para estar legal y si mi hijo puede ir sin ningun problema a la escuela

  66. Matthew Staley says:

    I am a non-EU citizen (American), moving with my British wife and baby, from the United Kingdom to Rome Italy. I have lived in the UK for the past 4 and a half years, and my wife and I have been married for almost 4 years. We moved 3 weeks ago to Rome and have registered our presence at the Questura, have obtained 3 codice fiscale codes, and my wife and baby just got reciept of application for residence certificate at the local Anagrafe. I need to apply for Carta di Soggiorno as a non-EU spouse of EU national, as having just moved from another EU country, UK. I want to ensure that I properly apply for the Carta di Soggiorno to be issued to me for 5 years residence as the spouse of EU national resident. I want assistance to make sure I fill in the Carta di Soggiorno properly as spouse of EU National. My wife and baby have registered change of residence at the Anagrafe based on being self-sufficient with Comprehensive health insurance cover. The website and the poliziadiitalia website both indicate that to apply for EC Long-Term Residence Permit (carta di soggiorno) for foreign family members of EU citizens, I should only be required to present my passport, marriage certificate(which is US-marriage certificate), 4 passport-sized photos, and the EU citizen’s receipt of application for registration with the Anagrafe. Do you have the knowledge and experience to help me ensure I receive 5 year Carti di soggiorno for accompanying my EU-national spouse and baby, moving from another EU country? Also if you could give me an idea of how much the cost would be.
    Thank you,

  67. HAKIM says:

    Hi my name Hakim. Leaving in uk and having f amilly member visa 5 years will be expired in 2021 but i divorce my parter and I have another girl friend and I’m waiting baby from her . I have Shengan visa for 90 days still available and I wanted to stay in Italy with my future wife and our baby what I have to do .thanks

  68. Dear Sir/Madam
    First I would like to thank you for the general explanation for the visas subject
    Am from Libya and living in malta as resident and I have my own company which the company of malta owns Two European brands called Sorriso for foods stuff and Dazzle for detergents and also am resident in Dubai ( Emairets ) as investor at the moment am thinking to move to italy but I did not know from where I can start
    If it possible kindly contact me but sending email to me or by whatsapp on my number 0035699113611
    Just to know am l would like to start some business in italy especially in the property development

    awaiting your reply at your earliest convenience.
    Thanking you agin for your kind attention
    Kind regards

    Munir Elfeghi
    Email :
    Mobile : +35699113611

  69. rob worrell says:

    My son is planning on ski racing, ski race training in northern italy this winter, December 1-April 15th. I would accompany him as his trainer. What visa would we be eligible for?
    Thanks Rob

  70. Cecile Dumdum says:

    I am flying to Italy on June 18. However, upon checking on my visa, the date is June 19-28, 2017. Since I will be arriving at 7:00 p.m., would I be allowed entry or just stay at the airport for a few hours since it is already close to the 19th? I will be in Italy only for a week to do a pope pilgrimage for my 60th birthday. I would appreciate your advise on this.

    Many thanks.

  71. Darcy Lewis says:

    I am an American that has over stayed my 90 day visa by 10 days. I wish to stay in italy for 90 more days. What can I do so that I am allowed to stay without penalty. Thank you

  72. Muhammad Ejaz says:

    Hello sir / madam I’m living in Germany my asylum is been refused and I’m waiting my court hearing but it can take so long I’m here since Jan 2017 but still struggling for status, I’m not allowed to work even, one of my friend is in Italy he told me that it’s easy to get status in Italy, I shall be very thankful to you please if you guide me what to do. Thanks in advance.

    Thanks & Regards

  73. Richie says:

    Dear Sir,

    I am the biological father of a 10 year old minor who who a permanent residence status in italy through my late mum whom my daughter was under her tutelage. I came to burry my mum with a visitors visa. Do I qualify to obtain a residence permit, if yes please advise.

  74. mahdi nasiri says:

    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am Mahdi Nasiri from Iran. I found you via internet and would like to register a company in Italy. Also my wife and I would like to migrate and get the residence of Italy hereby. Could you please inform me about this Matter? How can I register company and could you do this? Which kind of documents should I bring there? Can I get the residence of Italy by this way? How long does it take that a company is registered? After how many years we can get the residence of Italy?
    It will be noted that, my wife and I now are at Italy. can I see you at your office?
    Many thanks in advance for your kind information and I would be so pleasure to hear you a.s.a.p.
    Best Regards,
    Mahdi Nasiri

  75. ScottCix says:

    Ежегодная программа Иммиграционная Виза США (DV Лотерея), также известная как Грин Карта США выдаёт иммиграционные визы США лицам соответствующим простым, но строгим критериям отбора, путём Компьютерного розыгрыша и Случайного выбора победителей Иммиграционной Визы США.
    Настоящую Гринкарту США позволительно получить токмо на сайте
    Там же вы можете оформить официальное американское гражданство.

  76. Hussam says:

    Hello I’m holding syrian nationality but living in china and I have few questions to discuss with you. First at all I’m right now in Rome for travel and my visa will expired on February 22 can you help me to renew it. Second I would like to hear your suggestion about the best way to get 1 years visa or Permanent residence by opening small amount company or apply for asylum or study in Italy

  77. Moses says:

    Iam living in italy but i have stay 1 years and 1 month but nothing like commision so can someone tell me what to do or do i take the case to police atatiob

  78. Syed Tahir Hussain Sheerazi says:

    Hello Sir,God bless on you.I am a Pakistani.I am Married. Iam a Govt. employ in Education Department working as a teacher since 19993 to uptill now .Mynqualification is M.A M.Ed .i want to get immigration for Italy.What do i need do.

  79. Ben says:

    I’m non eu citizen, I have the Italian visa since 4 years , I’m married to a German woman in Denmark can I get my Italian citizenship? Or what do I need to do?

  80. Prakash says:

    Iam a Indian
    I will come to Italy next month in visit viza
    After coming to Italy is it possible for me to have work permit’or residence viza? What is the documents I need to have?

  81. Brandon Silberfarb says:

    I am a student at the University of Maryland and I am scheduled to travel to Florence Italy to live and study for the semester.. I am scheduled to travel to Italy on January 3, 2017 and return to the USA on April 9, 2017. I have tried to make an appointment at the Italian Consulate in order to apply for a visa yet there are no appointments available. Are you able to help me obtain a student visa?

  82. Joshua says:

    Dear Sir,
    I will like to know your relevant immigration laws that allows a refused application for an appeal, necessary laws and quotations to address an appeal letter to Italian embassy.

  83. Abbas Eslami says:

    Dear Sir,
    I am Abbas Eslami From Tehran, Iran.
    I wanted to ask about Italian Elective Residence Visa for persons with high self-sustaining incomes and financial assets; the resident without permit of work.
    Can you help me for that?

    Abbas Eslami

  84. Kristin Vinciguerra says:

    I have been in contact with the Italian consulate in Philadelphia and they are giving me a hard time. My family and I would like to stay in Italy for more than 90 days. We will be at my mother’s home and will have steady income so we will NOT need to work in Italy. They tell me that I don;t qualify for elective residence, but I don’t understand why. Can you help? Thank you, Kristin

    • michele-admin says:

      Dear Kristin,
      we would need to know on what grounds they refused your application.
      We would be happy to give you our preliminary opinion about your case if you please to provide us with more details via email.


    Dear Sirs,
    My partner and I are Australian citizens working on a UK flagged Yacht that will be based in Italy for the next 18 months. We live full time on the yacht. We have been advised that we need to apply for a long stay National Visa. Is this correct and if so are you able to help us to obtain this visa?
    Thank you in advance.

  86. omar says:

    hi dear I am from kurdistan iraq I want visit to italy for vacation how I can get visa
    thanks for answer my question

    • kazim says:

      Dear.sir.I’m a UK citizen I will come to Italy net week I already found a job over there .I will ask can my wife join me to live to gether in Italy. and when and can I start this proces? it will be great if you give me more details about this with my regard to all

  87. waseem says:

    Dear Sir
    I would like to ask that I have subsidiary protection residence permit in Italy. I got this permit in appeal. I claimed my asylum on 20th January 2012. The question is when is time started for my carta di soggiorno?

  88. Saad Moahmed Alhassan says:

    my tourist visa got refused by The italain consul in Jeddah , can you help on making appeal for TAR or contacting embassy on my behalf .

    • olu says:

      my tourist visa got refused by The italain consul in nigeria ,i actually want to visit rome. can you please help on making appeal for TAR

  89. Alida Bowden says:

    I’m a 66 years of age divorced American lady. I’m retired and would like to relocate to Italy. I have a friend in Milan who is a few years older than me, and he has kindly offered to let me live in one of his condo apartments free of charge. I receive a rather modest fixed amount of money from my Social Security Retirement Benefits every month. I live on a tight budget, but I am able to manage. I took a trip to Italy in 2011 and I loved it there and didn’t want to leave, but unfortunately I had to return to the USA much to my dismay. While I was in Italy I stayed with friends. In the past I have taken a few elementary and lower intermediate level courses in Italian on the Internet and at local community colleges. My reading and oral comprehension of Italian is not bad, but I still have a difficult time with conversational Italian. Anyway, I have been dreaming of living in Italy for the past many years, and I think I would like to make Italy my home for the remainder of my life. What are the necessary steps that I must take in order to make this dream a reality? Do I need a sponsor? I would appreciate any advice you could give me. La ringrazio anticipatamente.

  90. Christine says:

    I have been living in Italy since 2012 with a ‘carte d’identità’ since April 2013
    I have a British Passport and my question is, where do I stand now with Britain voting to exit the EU and my ability to continue residing in Italy ?
    Thank You

    • michele-admin says:

      Ciao Christine,
      At the moment no one knows what kind of Agreements/Treaties will be closed between England and EU; in any case nothing is going to change in the coming two years.

  91. Shakeel says:

    Hello sir / madam I’m living in ireland my asylum is been refused and I’m waiting my court hearing but it is taking so long I’m here since 2014 but still struggling for status, I’m not allowed to work even, one of my friend is in Italy he told me that it’s easy to get status in Italy, I shall be very thankful to you please if you guide me what to do. Thanks in advance.

  92. OTHMAN MAHMOOD says:

    Dear Sirs/Madams:
    I would like to inform you that I am one of the your candidate of Italian scholarship at University of Calabria . I am from Iraqi kudistan I want to ask you a question about getting visa I am married and I have a child , can I apply to get visa for them . if ,so
    How can I apply ?
    I need information .
    Best wishes ,
    Othman H.Mahmood
    Demousterator at college of education
    Physics Department

    • Maninder Singh says:

      Hey sir / mam

      I went to Italy on family reunion visa in 2012 and I return to India on rishi buta for some family reason after that u tried to get re entry to visa to obtain my resident permit but itAly embassy refused to give me . My all family living over there for last 13 years . And my resident permit still showing on their website . Is there any chance that I will go to Italy again.

      Please get back to me I will highly thankful to you

      My file no is – 061266792188

  93. hello i am very intresting in d italyian visa please i need a help or how am going get d visa

  94. Mohammed Al-Obaidi says:

    Dear Sir

    1- My name is Mohammed Al-obaidi , an Iraqi nationality born 17\5\1963 I hold Iraqi passport No:A10640378 . I work in the general trading and constructions
    I have a residence in tow countries (Jordan and Morocco )
    A member in the Federation of Arab businessmen based in Amman – Jordan
    A member in the Iraqi businessmen Association based in Amman – Jordan
    2- I applied with my wife Mrs. Sahar Al-mahdawi to the Italian embassy in Amman for a tourist schengen visa , and I received ten days later that my wife application was accepted but mine was refused and the reason gave my was that a schengen members state considered me a (threat to public safety ) and I was informed that I can appeal the decision through an Italian lawyer within 60 days .
    I wish to make the following comments:
    1- I traveled to Europe \ UK and Canada many times before and I never faced a similar situation .
    2- On 13th October 2015 while entering Germany \ Frankfurt and following a request by the immigration officer for approve of my documents travel , he stamped my passport to enter to Frankfurt but he then made a racist comment which lead to an exchange between me and him . then he asked me to go to the immigration office and hold my passport and all the documents , and he told me laterally ( I accuse you of getting the visa unlawfully through the French embassy )
    He said that I had to choose between:
    a- refuse starting criminal investigation and deporting me back to Amman and put me in the black list
    b- accept his accusation and go through a minor investigation, and allowed to back to Amman and apply again for a visa , I accept this choice and I explain in my statement everything but he still insisted I most travel to France not to Germany and then he deport me to Amman not to Marrakech which was my initial point of traveling.
    After arriving in Amman I discovered he had stamped my visa as ( Annulliert ) realized that the officer was adamant to hurt me and cause a big problem during any future shcengen visa application .
    Dear Sir
    I hope you can assist me with my appeal of the unfair decision.
    Kindly advise me with if you were welling to represent me and advise me the cost.
    I will send you all the documents in case I got your e-mail.

    Best Regards

    Mohammed Al-Obaidi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *